Resident Supportive Services
The Resident Supportive Services Program was originally developed at KHA as staff observed residents moving on to assisted living and/or nursing homes as their needs for nutrition, chore services, and other needed resources were not being met at Kearney Manor & Autumn Village. In 2002 the Congregate Meal Program began and a Service Coordinator (now known as the Independent Living Specialist) began to help connect residents to resources that could allow them to live independently and to stay in their homes at Kearney Manor longer.
Our Independent Living Specialist meets with the resident in their home for an assessment to determine what services they may need and/or be eligible for. Referrals are made on an as needed basis when the resident indicates there is a need for services.
- Congregate and Home Delivered Meal Program
- On-Site Cosmetologist
- Foot Care and Blood Pressure Clinics
- Seasonal Flu Shot Clinic
- Absentee Ballot Sign-Ups
- Medicare Part D Enrollment Events
- Farmer’s Market Coupon Sign-Up
- Assistance with Health and Human Services Applications
- Bookmobile Services
- Book Club
- Other Activities
The Independent Living Specialist also arranges agency resource presentations to inform residents about resources that available in the community.
- Lifeline and Fall Prevention
- Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Agency on Aging
- Assistive Technology
- Nutrition Education
- Fire Prevention
- Disaster Preparedness.